- Due Date for Final draft is December 1st. NO later.
- Grades will only be discussed in Office Hours or by appointment.
- Worth 15% of your final grade
- Why? In the US, you have to do presentations ALL the time.
- Write about your public speaking experiences here. Anonymous of course. :D
- Warm up- Compare these two rhetorical analyses. One is of a commercial and one is of an article. Find two differences and two similarities.
- Now look at this Prezi. What does it do well? What does it do wrong? (there are no right or wrong answers here)
- Using this outline as a guide, unscramble the steps of Oral Presentation with the handout I will give you.
First, let's compare this two youtube videos. First one and then the second one. Use a handout I will give you to analyze.
Now, let's watch this powerpoint. Use another handout to fill out the answers.
Final draft of Rhetorical Analysis is due December 1st on Compass.
Look at the rubric for Oral Presentations
Writer's Help Exercise- Passive vs. Active Voice
Pick a commercial you want to do. Please put your selection in this google.doc. You must pick your commercial by Thursday.
Advice for picking a commercial:
- Should be in English.
- 30 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds long.
- Video quality should be good.
- Should have enough for you to analyze.
- Everyone must do a different commercial.